Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ode To My Cat

Hello again my feline friend. Want me to scratch you there?

You lucky cat.

You warm my lap which you magically appeared on.

How DO you do that?

I gaze down at you and you up to me with love in your eyes like that of God's. Truly you are a piece of my heart.

Big baby blues peeking over the edge..

so intense..

so serious..

Something's got your interest. You hunter of things... I think it is a string.

It can be so intriguing to you as it slips quietly over the cushion of the sofa and disappears behind.

You want to try once more?

Oh My! .... first go get that spider on the floor!

What time is it?

I know, as you look up at me once again to let me know your belly is rumbling so.

Let's see, chicken?

No?

Liver?

Not tonight huh?

Well we also have turkey and giblets. Odd, it sounds good even to me.

Here you go... now eat slow.

Bath time I see. First your whiskers. Long luxurious laps of the tongue as you lick your paw and wash your face. Get those ears and that belly. Soft sated purrs fill the air after your delicious supper while you curl up on the rug before the fire.

Time for bed, furry face. Tomorrow our day will begin again of chasing butterflies and birds through the window pane.

Finding that splendid spot of sunshine on the kitchen floor.

I nod off knowing you will be there at the foot of my bed as you always are, resting quietly.

Sleep well my sweet kitty.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment